Job Title: Financial Analyst
Position Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
FLSA Status (Exempt or Non-exempt):Exempt
Performs technical analysis to determine present and future financial performance. Presents recommendations to senior management for financial plans, acquisition activity, trended future requirements, and operating forecasts. Evaluates budget performance, expenditures, and operational effectiveness. Responsible for conducting and documenting complex financial analysis projects.
- Analyze new business transactions and provide financial viability assessment. Propose alternative structures when necessary and appropriate
- Create and maintain financial models used by the company to analyze transactions for business development opportunities throughout the organization
- Assist in the preparation and review monthly financial statements including the balance sheet, statement of income, and cash flows using Microsoft NAV and Excel
- Participate in key decisions pertaining to strategic initiatives, operating model and operational execution
- Coordinate development and monitoring of budgets and operating plans. Assess organizational performance against both the annual budget and company’s long-term strategy
- Develop integrated revenue/expense analyses, financial forecasting models, reports, and presentations for internal use and for investors and partners
- Identify trends and developments in competitive environments and presents findings to senior management
- Partner with executive team members in driving financial and operational goal attainment
- Assist in the preparation, analysis, and quality check of annual budget for multiple business entities
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Education and/or Experience
- Background in Finance a must, Accounting a plus
- Undergraduate degree in Finance or Accounting preferred
- MBA and/or CPA a plus
- 5+ years of financial operations/management experience in a wide variety of roles with increasing responsibility and complexit
Other Competencies and Requirements
- Ability to manage large amounts of data and be able to synthesize it in executive summaries pointing out key variances or areas of focus
- PC proficiency with advanced MS Office skills, most importantly in Excel (Pivot Tables, Modeling, Macros, etc.)
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work under pressure and prioritize workload
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail and analytical orientation
- Climate controlled office environment during normal business hours. May be subjected to inclement seasonal weather conditions if position calls for traveling to/from various locations.
- Hours: Adhere to scheduled work times. Flexibility, additional hours and weekends may be required to meet business needs.
- Position Location: Corporate location – Safety Harbor, FL
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature of work performed; the level of knowledge and skills typically required; and usual working conditions of this position. It is not designed to contain, or be interpreted as, a comprehensive listing of all requirements or responsibilities that may be required by employees in this position.
Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer
Kenyon Energy, LLC is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. We will not discriminate unlawfully against qualified applicants or employees with respect to any term or condition of employment based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, place of birth, military service status, or other basis protected by law.
It is essential for us to work in an atmosphere of friendly cooperation; it is your responsibility to:
- Ask your direct supervisor for an explanation of anything you do not understand
- Attend orientation class and any training sessions when required
- Read your job description and Employee Handbook if applicable; sign any required acknowledgment documents and return to Human Resources
- Ask any questions about these items as well as any information given to you at meetings and through individual or group instructions, which will assist your understanding of this position